User Management and Accounting¶
In general, the openEO API only defines a minimum subset of user management and accounting functionality. It allows to
- authenticate and authorize a user, which may include user registration with OpenID Connect,
- handle storage space limits (disk quota),
- manage billing, which includes to
- query the credit a user has available,
- estimate costs for certain operations (data processing and downloading),
- get information about produced costs,
- limit costs of certain operations.
Therefore, the API leaves some aspects open that have to be handled by the back-ends separately, including
- credential recovery, e.g. retrieving a forgotten password
- user data management, e.g. changing the users payment details or email address
- payments, i.e. topping up credits for pre-paid services or paying for post-paid services
- other accounting related tasks, e.g. creating invoices,
- user registration (only specified when OpenID Connect is implemented).